Wednesday 28 December 2011

Top 5 of 2011

I thought I  might do a top 5 list of the games of 2011. I've seen a lot of them online but these are my opinions.
5. Dead Island - I know many people have given it poor reviews and its buggy as hell, but there's a sense of accomplishment when you decapitate 3 zombies with one swing or blow up a mate by shooting a explosive barrel next to them.
4. Lord of the Rings War in the North - This one is on more for it's story. It's good to actually get a new Lord of the Rings story that wasn't shit like The Third Age. Plus it's good to have a new Lord of the Rings game overall as well.
3. Bastion - I'm not one for buying indie games, but I saw a let's play of it and I knew I had to have it. After a few minutes of playing it, my whole perspective on Indie games had changed and it was because of Bastion that  I have started to look more into the Indie game market.
2. Skyrim - While not being the best Elder Scrolls game, it still was good to get back into it's world though. I had a contradictory mind on what Skyrim was going to be like, was it going to be as good as Oblivion of Morrowind or is it going to falter like Fallout: New Vegas. In the end, it was in between those two outcomes. I still loved the game and have put in countless hours into playing it.
1. The Old Republic - Even though I have only been playing it for the past few days, I believe it to be my most favorite game of 2011. I think instead of giving a full explanation, I will give you short one or two word points that describe the awesomeness of this game. Star Wars, Story, Multiplayer, Space Combat, Flashpoints, Group Heroics, Music. And I guess there is one other major point why I love it. Finally we get a sequel to Knights of the Old Republic.

No comments:

Post a Comment